Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stjernvd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Network Days set for each month

Hi,

I have my months (January-September) and my Count(Place) expression.

vDays= NetworkDays(Min(date),Max(date))

In my chart I have MonthYear (e.g. Jan-2015, etc...) as my Dimension and as my Expression: Count(Place)/($(vDays)).

The issue I have is that when no month is selected, vDays = 194, and this messes up my charts since Count(Place) should be divided by a different number each month, since each month has different network days, and instead it divides Count(Place) by 194.

How do I create a variable vDays that recognizes that even when no month is selected, it knows that for each Month-Year (e.g. Jan-2015, Feb-2015) that vDays is a different number and not 194 days?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably defined your variable vBusDays with a leading equal sign. Just remove the leading equal sign, so that the dollar sign expansion will expand the variable to

Count(Destination) / (NetworkDays(Min(Tradedate),Max(Tradedate)))

I assume that Tradedate field is linked to your TradeMonthYear, so Min and Max are derived from dimension value on each dimension line.

See also

The Magic of Variables

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably defined your variable vBusDays with a leading equal sign. Just remove the leading equal sign, so that the dollar sign expansion will expand the variable to

Count(Destination) / (NetworkDays(Min(Tradedate),Max(Tradedate)))

I assume that Tradedate field is linked to your TradeMonthYear, so Min and Max are derived from dimension value on each dimension line.

See also

The Magic of Variables

stjernvd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you so much!