Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aagyemang
Contributor II
Contributor II

Networking Hours

Hi,

I am working on a report, where I would like to convert the Net Working Days of a time-stamp (dd-hh-mm) into hours. I was able to use the working days function, but when I multiple this value by 24(hours in a day), I am getting a whole number.

This issue with this is when then net working days, is less than one day e.g 5 hours and 45 minutes, I still get 24 hours when using net working days function.

I know that there are a few forum on net working days, using start time, and end time. but in this case there is no start and end time require for this report.

Solutions are welcomed.

Thanks!

1 Solution
4 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Can you provide sample data with expected output?

aagyemang
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Settu,

Attached you will find an Excel  sample of what I am trying to achieve.

The "Working Days 24/7" field tells me the difference between two dates in days. Than I multiplied it by 24 to get the "Working Hours" in hours and minutes. I was able to do this function in Qlik by using the interval function.

I was able to figure out the networking days function in Qlik. The issue I have having is converting the net working days into hours. As displayed in the sample I provided the "Net Working Days" function in Excel displays the data without rounding the number to the nearest whole number, but in Qlik I can only get whole numbers.

In my example, the "Net Working Days" was 2.11, when multiplied by 24 I get 50.7. Please note that I used the integer function in Excel to display hours in number format.

ThanksNet Working Days.JPG

aagyemang
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank You!

I read the thread from that discussions, and found a calculation that works.