Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Newbie Question - Windows 7 problems

I'm brand new to Qlikview desktop, so I'm just running through the tutorials I downloaded from the site. I'm also running Windows 7.

Besides a few small problems aesthetically and layout-wise, a larger problem I'm finding is with the text searches. When I click on the heading and type "s" I can see the searching work, but if I add a w ("sw"), the text box disappears and the highlighted search items go back to normal. After that, not even one letter works.

I've attached the tutorial file I've been using that I downloaded, but I doubt that's the problem.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

Thanks.

Brian

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

is it a problem specific to those 2 letters ? does it happen everytime you add a "w" to the search field ? does it happen everytime you start a search by a "s" ? does it happen everytime you type 2 letters in the search field ?

it seems that a lot of weird bugs occur in qlikview with windows vista and windows server 2008, so it's not really a surprise.....

Not applicable
Author

No, actually it happens when I search on any letters. And it's always when I add the second letter. Pretty weird.

I'm going to try installing on my XP machine to see what happens. At least then I'll know if it's the OS or not.

Not applicable
Author

I installed on XP and the same thing happened. This time, however, it worked once when I started typing "United States" then acted buggy only when I started typing "sweden" once. After that it didn't work at all past one letter like when I was on win7.

Maybe there's just an error in the tutorial file.

Not applicable
Author

what is the tutorial file where this happens ?

Not applicable
Author

I tried attaching it to my post, but that failed with a .NET error.

It's the file that you find in QlikView\Tutorial\Working with QlikView\Tutorial.qvw

I just downloaded it 30 minutes ago, so I doubt it's an old copy.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

brianwmunz wrote:After that it didn't work at all past one letter like when I was on win7.

Is your trailing "*" still visible in the search box? Does it look like this:

*sw*

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

It must be that tutorial file. I opened SampleAppication.qvw and it works well there.

Not applicable
Author

Rob Wunderlich wrote:
Is your trailing "*" still visible in the search box? Does it look like this:
*sw*
-Rob<div></div>

The whole box will actually disappear.

Not applicable
Author

Brian,

That is very strange. I am experiencing the same issue with QlikView 9.00 SR2 and Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. I will shoot a note over to the product guys and have them take a look. Thanks for the heads up! Yes