cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Newly added rows in Qvd should reload in QVW file

Hi

In my working qvw application.

In Edit script the data is fetching from a QVD , that qvd contains millions of lines. And everytime the Qvd will update with new records.

Now what i am trying to know is , whenever the new records entered into that QVD , then my application should load new records also but it should not reload again from starting of the records.

Ex:

1.) For First time my QVD contains 10,000 lines

2.)I reloaded to my QVW file. And my QVW file contains all the 10,000 lines data init.

3.)Now the QVD is Updated with 1000 more lines and the total is 11,000 lines.

4.)Now i again reload the QVW file. WHEN I RELOAD THE QVW FILE ,ONLY THE NEWLY FETCHED 1000 LINES SHOULD BE RELOADED instead of reloading again all the 11,000 lines.

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

First of all, let me explain how reload works.

When you write the script and reload, what is does is it wipes all the data available in QVW and stores the data it got after reloading.

Meaning if your QVW holds 10000 records and say the data which you are going to reload is 1000. then qlikview will erase the 10000 rows and stores only 1000 in it.

In your case, it will happen in same way, so if you dont want the old data it will be perfect but if you want old data aswell then you need to go through the full reload.

So I don't think so there is direct way to achieve this.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Venkat,

I am little confused with your question. Especially the below point...

4.)Now i again reload the QVW file. WHEN I RELOAD THE QVW FILE ,ONLY THE NEWLY FETCHED 1000 LINES SHOULD BE RELOADED instead of reloading again all the 11,000 lines.

I understand that you wanted to fetch 1000 rows. But do you want to remove old 10K rows or do you want to just add 1000 rows to the already existing 10K rows?

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi D V, Sorry for late reply

Yes, i want to just add 1000 rows to the already existing 10K rows.

But it should not again load all the lines which is already exists i.e;10 k rows , only new lines should load and add to the existed rows in QVW file. And mandatory is should not loss the old data i.e; 10 k rows.

I hope now you got my question.

Is this possible ?

Regards

Venkat

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Venkat,

Yes, this is possible. Please look at this post by Rob on Incremental Load. Rob has created very example on how to use Incremental Load.

http://community.qlik.com/message/32694#32694

http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/

Hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi D V, thanks for your post.

I gone through the attached QVW file of Rob, but i had a little bit confusion regarding the script in "IncrementalLoad tab".

When i reload the application everytime it is showing all the lines in Qvd as fetching.

Whether it is internally fetching only the new added lines only or all the lines in the QVD.

Please, If possible can you give me a clear explanation whats going on the script of "IncrementalLoad tab".

Thanks in advance