Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottc00
Contributor III
Contributor III

No Data on open

Hi.  I am new to the board.  I have looked for this question, seems like it would be here but I can’t find it.

I have a Qlikview dashboard and in the script, I load the data in 2 pieces. 

LOAD 1 where outcome = OPEN

LOAD 2 where outcome <> OPEN

All the same fields are loaded but in the = OPEN load I load them all with “AS oFIELD” (field name preceded with an o) so that I can keep them separate.

I saved the file with the data reloaded

Everything seems to be working fine except when I close the file and reopen, the <>OPEN data is fine but the objects that use the oFIELDS have no data.  If I reload the data everything is fine. 

Any idea why the file doesn’t reopen the way I saved it? Why do I have to reload?

I checked to make sure there are no “ON OPEN” triggers causing issues.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

2 Replies
scottc00
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

One additional issue - When I do reload to fix the oFIELD problem, I lose one of my sheets that contains only a straight table (table contains only data where outcome <> OPEN).  If I close the file and reopen the sheet is back but the objects that use oFIELD data contain no data.

Thanks

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

An easier way to do things would be to use a Flag field in the load, do your check during the load and set the Flag to whatever values you want to denote the ones equal to open versus not, this way you have everything in a single table, should alleviate a lot of issues.  

Would really need to see the QVW file with data to try to decipher what you have going on with things, really difficult to say without being able to see exactly what you are doing and what the full data model looks like etc.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.