Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

No responce on reloading QVDs

Hi All,

I am using QV11.2 SR11. My app consisting of 50qvds. While reloadig the applicaion it is getting stuck on progress, if i press on abort then  QV applicaion is going to the not responding state.

Is there any solution to completing the reload successsully.

Thanks in advance

14 Replies
Colin-Albert

It is much easier to add tables one at a time and fix any synthetic key / circular references before adding more tables.

If you add all the tables and then try to resolve the issues you cannot easily see the actual cause of the problem.

Add an extra tab to your load script that contains the following

trace ;

trace ########  EXIT SCRIPT ######## ;

exit script ;

Then you can promote / demote this tab through your script to test the load using debug mode with a limited load of 10 rows. Start with the exit script tab, after the first table load, and then move it through the script until the issues are resolved.

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

Go to debug and select limit load to 10 records and then run it. u wil get the snapshot of datamodel. then u can make the changes according to that if there are synthetic key

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I got it @Colin Albert.Thank you.

Could you please explain about the code snippet which you have included in reply.

Thanks

Colin-Albert

The extra tab will cleanly stop and exit the load process when the "exit script" command is run.

The trace lines just add some comments to the log file for the reload

If your load script has 5 tabs  Tab1, Tab2, Tab3, Tab4, Tab5

First add the #Exit# tab between tabs 1 and 2 and run the reload in dubug mode with a limited load of 10 rows.

Check the data model in the table viewer after reloading, if there are no loops or synthetic keys, then tabs 1 is OK.

Demote the #exit# tab so its between tabs 2 and 3, and run the limited load again. Check the data model for loops & synthetic keys and fix if necessary.

Repeat this through the whole script until the #exit# tab is at the end.

Once this is OK with a limited load, you can then reload the full data.

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's cool. Thank you Colin.