Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not Filter/Action/Toggle logic

Hello

I am trying to work out how to create a filter that will include/exclude a certain Code only. The Code must add an extra filter but not clear any other filters.

eg List of Codes

801A, 801B, L61Z, B038, B039, etc

I want a button (or list box) that when I select it, Not L61Z appears as a filter.  This I can do using a button/action. If I click the button again it then removes the Not A123. This works fine. What I find is if I also have selected 801A, 801B (or any other Code) then all are cleared/selected.  I only want the L61Z to be cleared and all other filters untouched.

Qlik Question.png

Alternatively, I would like a list box that the acts as an Exclude list only. This means that it other codes need to be excluded then I don't need multiple buttons) I know that you can right-click a table and select 'Select Excluded' but this is not clear to users and this needs to be a simple function (we have 4,500 users).

4 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

May be you can try with Field Event Trigger in OnSelect Event.. Like

Selection in Field :

Field:  Code

Search String :

if(GetSelectedCount(Code)=0,'',

'('&Concat(DISTINCT {<Code-={'L61Z'}>}Code,'|')&')')

Not applicable
Author

Hello.

Thanks for getting back to me.  Unfortunately the field has to be used as a general list box as well so I cannot apply a Field Event Trigger.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

What is meaning of 'General List Box'? is it possible to post the sample

Not applicable
Author

Sorry but I cannot see a way to upload a QVW here. I'm new to the forums !