Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able to open file created by unlicensed version of qlikview

Hi all,

I am new to QlikView and was trying 2nd lesson from the book - QlikView 11 for developers.

I have installed QlikView on my laptop ( Unlicensed version).

Here are the steps I performed.

1. Clicked on File menu and selected New

2. ' THE GETTING STARTED' wizard dialogue box opened.

3. Clicked on CANCEL

4. Clicked on SAVE AS and saved the file.

After that, I closed the file.

Now, when I try to open the file, I am unable to open and I am getting message that the file is created with Licensed version of Qlikview Hence you cannot open it.

But, the fact is , I created the file with unlicensed version . Then why am I still getting this message?  and How can I avoid it so that I can save my work ..shut down computer and open the same file to start working on it again.

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Prasad,

Is this happening to every qvw file you creating. ? or only with a specific QVW.?

Thanks,

angad

Not applicable
Author

It's happening with every QVW file.

As you must have noticed, I am "simply" creating new file and after saving the file and closing application, trying to open the same file.

What I am surprised about is , why does QlikView think that the file is been created with Licenced version.

Not applicable
Author

Though this never happend to me ever, but still you can open a support ticket at Qliktech(support@qlik.com)

Mention the Qlikview version, with your system config details.

You can surely try re-installing the Qlikview.

I would request you let  Miguel Angel Baeyens  know about this issue.

thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Angad.

Will surely do so.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you are using the Personal Edition you can only open files that have been created in your own computer, otherwise this error will appear.

Even so, you have up to four attempts to open files created in a different computer, after exhausted them you will not be able top open QVW files any longer.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Ok.. But in  my case, I have created and tried to open the file on the same computer ( That is , my laptop).

So, the error shouldn't have come.

Not applicable
Author

Can anyone help me with respect to the question asked ???

Still not got answer on this. Is this a bug in Qlikview?

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can you check that are you using latest version of QlikView. or try installing your version of QV to some other machine.

Thanks,

angad

Not applicable
Author

Yes.. I am using latest version only (11). Downloaded it from QlikTech site.

As per your suggestion, I will try it on my desktop as well and update this thread.

Thanks.