Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Novice Query - How can I use a distinct count where something equals an 'IF' value

Apologies I am a novice / self taught user and could do with some help please.  I have limited knowledge so if you could spell it out for me that would be very helpful.

Scenario

Sales Person A sells a policy to Mrs X.  Her Premium value is £1000 (IntroNP field)..  However because the client was introduced to Sales Person A by Sales Person B, they split the Introducer commission.  75% goes to Sales Person A and 25% goes to Sales person B.

The table below shows who should get what. 

Sales Person

Intro_NP

Introducer Commission %

Policy Case Count

Introducer Commission

Person A

£1000

75%

£37.50

Person B

£0

25%

£12.50

Working bit.

These are in my expressions bit.

I have managed to create a bit of working script which allocates the premium (Intro_NP) ONLY to the person who has an IntroducerCommissionPercentage value of 75% or higher

This script below works  - in this case Sales Person A gets the credit for the premium £1000 and sales person B gets nothing £0. (see Intro_NP in table above)

SUM(if(IntroducerCommissionPercentage>75,Intro_NP,0))

Problem

I want to do the same with the Policy Case Count –  like the Intro_NP I want to only allocate the case count the sales person who has an IntroducerCommissionPercentage of 75% or higher

Our current policy case count script is below

=count(distinct if(description='New Business' or description='Renewal',PolicyId))

This script works by itself but i want the distinct count to return a value only where it satisfies the IF Introducer commission value >75.  So it looks like the example table above.

FYI “Description” is the type of transaction and the “PolicyID” is the reference number of the policy.  This script currently allocates the count of 1 to both sales person A and sales person B.  Only sales person A should get this as a policy count.

I am not sure how to combine an  IF statement and a distrinct count– please can you help.

Many Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this

=count({<description={'New Business', 'Renewal'},IntroducerCommission={'>75'}>}distinct PolicyId)

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Perhaps, you can use something like this as your expression:

=count({<description={'New Business'}+{'Renewal'},IntroducerCommission={'>75'}>}distinct PolicyId)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

-Khaled.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this

=count({<description={'New Business', 'Renewal'},IntroducerCommission={'>75'}>}distinct PolicyId)

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Jagan - thank you that works perfectly - much obliged.

Not applicable
Author

Many Thanks Khaled