cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Null value to be shown

Hi Experts,

Need some assistance in finding null value with mixed dates.

For example

Employee1JoiningDate
120-11-2017
219-11-2017

Desired Output : Null

Scenario 2 :

Emplooye1JoiningDate
120-11-2017
219-11-2017
318-11-2017

Desired Output : 20-11-2017

Joining date should be either Max if all the date are available else if it holds Null at any stage show Null

In-advacne

Thank u

Message was edited by: satya reyansh

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Why the scenario 2, which has data for Employee1 should be ignored and display 20.11.2017 instead? Which other fields and criteria apply in your expressions and data model?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had given 2 sample sets saying  with Scenario.

For example if I Hold one Min date ,Max date and Null then it has to pick Null .

If Employee have all records its has to show max date.

No criteria in data model.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

If(IsNull(JoiningDate), 'NULL', Max(JoiningDate))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tired the same previously but no luck ,its working on simple set of data.

In my case it falling:

If(IsNull(Joining_Date), 'NULL',

Max(if(GetSelectedCount(Employee_ID),Date(Joining_Date), if(product_activity_name=job_activity_group,Date(Joining_Date))))).

No worreis ur sollution is very helpful.I thing there is an issue in date converstion in Script level itself.Myself i have to check.Thanks for the time

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I believe not the problem with the Date format, Because there is 2 conditions in your statement that means 2 statements needed to Max value. So, I would think this

If(IsNull(Joining_Date), 'NULL',

RangeMax(if(GetSelectedCount(Employee_ID),Date(Joining_Date), if(product_activity_name=job_activity_group,Date(Joining_Date)))))

Note - Please close this thread using correct answer. Meantime, Read this Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vlakeshr
Creator
Creator

You can clk on highlighted option once apply your condition. Please check