Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Null values in Dimenssion Group

Hello.

I have a very tricky question. I hope all you people could help me.

I have a DB with the next schema:

cqv1.png

I have created a pivot table as follows:

cqv2.png

As you can see, in the first row '(-)' it represents as a NULL value.

'category' comes from the MasterProduct.qvd and it is not because the 'codproduct' does not exist. I have checked in a plain table and it exists. The problem is with 'codproduct': in this column i have some codes like this:

• 1234E0045
  • 2034E0095

And others like this:

• 23456T47
  • 45T34E23

With the fist group is where I have the problem. QV transforms as numeric exponential 1234E0045 -> 1.23 x10 ^45

I would like to help me with some advise to avoid this exception. I have changed the code with some of this formulas but it still does not work.

• text(codproduct) as codproduct
  • trim(text(codproduct)) as codproduct
  • text(codproduct)&'PRD' as codproduct

I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Diego.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Have you tried fixing the codproduct before the creation of qvd or after the creation? I think this needs to be done before you create the qvd.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi! Try this:

'PRD-'&codproduct as codproduct

that should hopefully result in a string!

sunny_talwar

Have you tried fixing the codproduct before the creation of qvd or after the creation? I think this needs to be done before you create the qvd.

Not applicable
Author

All data stored into my QVD files comes from our ERP, from few months before all new productos will no have this 'E' inside product codes. But with old codes is where I have the problems and I can't fix them because those codes are in our systems and it impossible to change them.

sunny_talwar

Don't have to change them in the system, but before you create your qvds, try using the text functions on the source files. I think the issue is that once they are loaded in the qvd without using text, they change into numbers and then changing them back to text might be the issue what you are facing. I am not 100% certain, but I think that fixing before you save to qvds might help.