Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II

ODBC Import Issue

Good Afternoon -

I've encountered a problem with an ODBC connection I'm making to an SQL database. 

I've setup the connection and have successfully connected to the database using MS Access, but when I try Qlikview I receive error messages that are indicative of an ID that does not have permission to access the database.  Can anyone explain this, or have experienced this??  I've reached out to my local site support and the database owners to resolve, but I just wanted to see if there was some giudance here as well.

Thanks!  George

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your response - nothing is working so I'm waiting for IT to fix my permissions.  This is the lower environment that I usually don't have access to.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you trying to connect to a SQL database or an Access database?

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for your reply!!    I'm trying to connect to a SQL database..........I tried the connection in MS Access to see if it worked.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Check if the given user id have the access on the tables... Hope it will help you.

avinashelite

Check the username and password once and also check whether your ID have access for all the tables and fields

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you are trying to connect to a SQL database, I would use the OLE DB connection.

It gives you a list of options, so just select the Provider for SQL Server (see image below). That should allow you to connect if you have the permissions.

I do not think you can connect to a SQL database with the MS Access connection.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi George , Did you able to get the solution? Let us know if there is any issue.

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your response - nothing is working so I'm waiting for IT to fix my permissions.  This is the lower environment that I usually don't have access to.

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

avinashelite

once you get the access you should be able to load the data..

if you have got the answer please mark the correct answer and close this thread