Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spikenaylor1
Creator
Creator

ODBC read fail when database is open

My extract file script looks like:

ODBC CONNECT32 TO $(vMFG_RFT_SOURCE_Path);

in my settings file:

SET vMFG_RFT_SOURCE_Path ='[MS Access Database;DBQ=\\pathtodatabase\RFT.accdb]';

Someone has left the actual database open.

i.e. there is a .laccdb file still active.

From the extract file, when running the update manually, everything works correctly and the latest data is extracted from the datatbase.

From the QMC the extract fails

with this error

017-12-13 09:31:41 0047 ODBC CONNECT32 TO ***

2017-12-13 09:31:45      Error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 4294966272, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.

2017-12-13 09:31:45      SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 4294966272, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.

2017-12-13 09:31:45      Execution Failed

2017-12-13 09:31:45      Execution finished.

Can anyone help as to why this should happen.

If the person who has the database open then goes and closes it, the the QMC will work.

When I created the connection in the ETL file I did select read only, but I cannot see anywhere in the connection string when created where a read only is captured.

1 Reply
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

take a look at this

ms access - Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use - Stack Overflow

he say:

it was necessary to set the Write permission to the whole folder where the MDB file is stored. Strange, because I don't see any additional files created (meaning, like .ldb file, which is created during an exclusive DB open). But, it works now!