Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racer25
Creator
Creator

OLE OBJECT

Hi Everyone,

I am having a challenge that is only exacerbated by remote working. Basically I point the below script at a data source and it creates a QVD for every table. The issue I have is that I have a table that generates a 7.3GB QVD with a 108 thousand records. The next largest QVD is 77 MB and has just over a million records. In looking at the raw data 6 columns and 108 thousand rows I see one of them is an OLE Object. 

Is there anything I can do to avoid this issue/challenge. 

Using Qlikview April 2019 SR1 - Don't recall this being an issue on older versions although never an issue while in the office.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=owner_cdg;Data Source=PCD2;Extended Properties="FetchSize=10000"] (XPassword is FBKNXXdOOLZEXPNMEbZWP);

OracleTableList:
SQL
select TABLE_NAME, OWNER from all_tables
where owner='OWNER_CDG'; // change the owner/schema

Let vTableCount = NoOfRows('OracleTableList');

For i = 0 To $(vTableCount) -1
LET vMyTableName = Peek('OWNER', $(i), 'OracleTableList') & '.' & Peek('TABLE_NAME', $(i), 'OracleTableList');
LET vMyTableNameQVD = Replace(Peek('TABLE_NAME', $(i), 'OracleTableList'), ' ', '_');

$(vMyTableNameQVD):
SQL SELECT * FROM $(vMyTableName) ;
STORE $(vMyTableNameQVD) INTO QVD\$(ExtractQVD)$(vMyTableNameQVD).QVD;
DROP Table $(vMyTableNameQVD);
Next i;

FOR vCount = 0 to NoOfTables()-1
LET vTableName = TableName($(vCount));
STORE $(vTableName) INTO $(vTableName).qvd (qvd);
DROP TABLE $(vTableName);
NEXT vCount

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What I would recommend is use script log to determine if it is in the SQL call, or in our script functions, but if you strip things down to just the SQL call and run that, I would suspect that should work too to confirm, as if it is on the SQL side, that is going to be a case of  probably checking the Oracle Forums on that one in that case, otherwise if it is on our functions, then we may be able to try to sort something out.  Sorry I do not have any better suggestions.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.