Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Objects x and y positions changing when viewed on different laptop

I've created a document on qlikview 11.20.13495.0 SR15 but when it's viewed on a different laptop (using just normal view) then all the objects sizes and positions have changed, although they are still at the same positions relative to each.   The x and y positions as well as the width and height settings have increased, as can be seen in the attached screen shots which show the x and y, width and height settings for the text box called Filters.  Is there some hidden property under user preferences that causes qlikview to change all the object positions to a different scale?  The other laptop is running exactly the same version of qlikview, and we have matched our screen resolutions to be 1920x1080, and set the zoom levels to both be 100%. 

Thanks for your help! 

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The 100% zoom levels, are those the levels that are applied inside QlikView to single sheets?

If so, please specify the versions of Windows that both laptops are running. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

hi Peter.  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, to single sheets, but I've also now applied to all sheets.  Both laptops are running Windows 10 Pro.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may want to look at another setting, because QlikView is not the cause of this "anomaly".

Windows has a setting to scale your Windows Desktop according to the current resolution. This setting will force QlikView to adjust object sizes and positions to adapt to the new environment (most probably because of "The Arrival of the Swiping Tablets" ), whether you want it or not And whether you did some precise positioning or used drag-n-drop to place your objects.

See Control Panel->Display, or right-click the desktop, select the bottom item and in the Control Panel window, select Display at the bottom right. By default, this setting has a value of 125% on HD screens.

I haven't used QV on Windows 10 yet, but I guess that this setting is still there in the same location.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter.  That was what was happening and helped me to find a way to work around an issue I was facing with positioning objects using a macro.  The macro just needed to know what resolution screen was being used to position and size object correctly.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Good to hear that you could resolve the issue.

Just curious: if a reply was able to help you figuring out how to work around the issue - as you stated- then why do you mark your own last post as Helpful, instead of the helpful response?

vinodpvijayan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Peter.

Even i had faced this issue, after upgraded to Windows 10 and the above note helped me to fix the issue.