Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

On Click of a button(text object) can we close the session of a user for that dashboard in qlikview

Hi All,

I have a scenario for which i need your thoughts.

On the dashboard we have a text object (button). For which we need to implement a functionality of one click on a button should end the user session.

We are using access point on which AJAX client cannot be used.

Can i have macro code for this only written in the Object properties -> Actions Tab -> External -> Run Macro

Thanks in Advance

9 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

is it possible to configure signout on qlikview dashboard it self

in my environment we use access point we redirecting URL direct to dashboard

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This is interesting and i am not expertise in server environment. So, You can create one Text / Button in the right corner of application by help of QVUSER() then once you click that you need to give action like URL for Login.html page.

Could be achieve and chances are there

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

We use the share point link to login to the environment and run the dashboard.

I tried to do the same which you have suggested but this does only go to the home(previous) page but not entirely logout from link.

We even don't have any logout button in the home page otherwise your point was correct.

Any other suggestions

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am trying to say is you must call that function with in the object action. Seems It's working for me.

Try this in your machine by help of action for that object - http://0.0.0.0/qlikview.FormLogin.htm

You have to replace the your server name instead of 0.0.0.0

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks for your continuous support.

I tried the same but i get an error as 404 - file or directory not found

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

this is the form of link what we use

http://domainname.com/qlikview/index.htm

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Anil,

After some modifications to the url, it was able to go to the login page where it will ask for username and password.

Actually it is redirecting the current page to login page. But still the user account is not logged out, is there any other way of logout.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Cause - By default, when IIS is installed on any version of the Windows Server whole family, IIS only serves static content (HTML).

Resolution - Warning Enable dynamic content when you really want to use it. By default, IIS disables dynamic content for security reasons.

To permit IIS to serve dynamic content, the administrator must unlock this content in the Web service extensions node in IIS Manager. To do this, the administrator must either enable a pre-existing Web service extension or add a new Web service extension.

Enable a Pre-existing Web Service Extension in IIS 6.0

To permit IIS to serve content that requires a specific ISAPI or CGI extension(For ref - Few bullet points added in below) that is already listed in the Web service extensions list, follow these steps:

Open IIS Manager, expand the master server node (that is, the Server-name node), and then select the Web service extensions node.

In the right pane of IIS Manager, right-click the extension that you want to enable. In this example, this is Active Server Pages.

Click to select the Allow check box.

Add a New Web Service Extension to IIS 6.0

To permit IIS to serve content that requires a specific ISAPI or CGI extension that is not already listed in the Web service extensions list, follow these steps:

Open IIS Manager, expand the master server node, and then select the Web service extensions node.

In the right pane of the IIS Manager, click Add a new Web service extension under Tasks.

In the Extension name box, type a friendly name for the extension that you want to add (for example, FrontPage Server Extensions).

In the Required files box, click Add, and then select the path and the name of the file that will handle requests for the specific extension. After you select the path and the file name, click OK.

If the extension must be enabled immediately, click to select the Set extension status to allowed check box.

Click OK to save your changes.

Additional steps for Common Gateway Interface (CGI) applications

1) Right-click Default Web Site or the Web site that you want, and then click Properties.

2) On the Home Directory tab, click Scripts and Executables in the Execute Permissions list.

3) Make sure that the Everyone group has the following NTFS file system permissions on the C:\InetPub\wwwroot folder or on the folder that has the Web content for the site that you want:Right-click Default Web Site or the Web site that you want, and then click Properties.

4) On the Home Directory tab, make sure that DefaultAppPool is selecting in the Application poolbox. If another application pool is selected, follow these steps in IIS Manager:

5) Expand Application Pools, right-click the application pool that you want, and then click Properties.

6) On the Identity tab, make sure that one of the following conditions is true:

7) The Network Service account is selected.

😎 The account that is selected is a member of the IIS_WPG group.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Once you go out, Can you check with another credentials and then see whose user is logged. Seems, I worked earlier 3 years ago. I forget few things and that too i don't have Server access now