Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III

On-Demand Data Pull

Hi

I have an requirement like this.

I have an Listbox that contains list of dates.

When the user opens the QVW from AccessPoint, they will be presented just with the list box populated with list of dates (eg., Jan 2017, Feb 2017 and so on..) And the user will be displayed with an empty table (Date, Amount etc.,)

Now when the user picks a date from the Listbox, the empty table should be populated with data for the corresponding selected date.

How can I achieve this in Qlikview?

I am using Version : 11.20.12354.0 SR6

Thanks

13 Replies
Not applicable

Or you can used Calculation Condition in Chart Properties (General Tab).

Like GetSelectedCount(DateField)=1

Digvijay_Singh

I know the concept only, you can take help from attached doc, but I suggest use some traditional way to meet your requirement as long as it can be met through standard Qlikview methods

johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, Thanks Vijay!

What would be the effect of using variable / Parameter in the query?

Would that accomplish what I am looking for? However pre-load is necessary, correct?

Digvijay_Singh

You need to keep your list box field associated with the fields you want to update in your main table. You don't need to pass it on in your real query. Direct query will help in fetching latest data from your original source. You have to use calculation condition or show condition in the final user interface object/table, if you want to show data only when any date is selected in the list box. Its mandatory to have association with DATE and other output fields in some way else it won't understand what to display in your main table. I think pre-load is necessary, I never used it so cannot comment much on direct query.