Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On a Sheet, Security Add Sheet Objects disabled but Still users are able to add objects from Repository on Big Screen? Why

Hi All,

I have designed a dashboard where we have 3 sheets.

Sheet-1

Sheet-2

Sheet-3

On Sheet-1 and Sheet-2 no one allowed to add any objects or modify anything and this has been achieved by disabling following properties:

Settings-->Sheet Properties-->Security and unchecked below all

1. Add Sheet Objects
  2. Remove Sheet Objects
  3. Move/Size Sheet Objects
  4. Copy/Clone Sheet Objects
  5. Remove Sheet

Checked only these 2:

1. Access Sheet Object Properties
  2. Access Sheet Properties (Users)

It is working fine on a small machine screen size 14 inch (Developed app on this machine) but when same application I open on a big monitor more than 14 Inch, I will have space on right side and down side and If i go to Repository and try to add any thing I am allowed to add.

I want to restrict this adding too. What need to do?

Experts please advice

22 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Enable Allow Server Bookmarks and disable Allow Server Objects

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

From the QMC, there are two settings that control whether users may create objects.

1. System, Setup, Qlikview Servers, Documents. The property "Allow Server Objects" allows/disallows creating user objects on a global level.

2. In Server Objects pane for  each Document, you can control which users are allowed to create objects.

In the qvw itself, the Document Properties, Server pane also provides a control for Server Objects.

Not applicable
Author

Shankar,

In a document I have 3 Sheets.

On 1st 2 sheets, All users are not allowed to add any objects.

but on 3rd sheet all users can add objects.

As you suggested, I have to disable or enable objects adding at document level and this setting will not allow to add anything on Sheet-3. That I don't need.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Shivendoo,

Make sure,

In document properties, security tab, admin override security setting is unchecked.

For first two sheets, make sure, in sheet settings, all options are unchecked

For the 3rd sheet, make sure, in sheet settings, add sheet object and other options are checked.

If you have done all the above and still you are able to achieve the sheet level object access or creation,

Let me know the client you are using to view the dashboard IE or AJAX,Qlikview Version.

If possible share the qvw document with no data.

Not applicable
Author

Shankar,

I have already shared you my setting at sheet level as well as at document level.

and What you suggested is not working. If I unchecked the option 'Allow Server Objects' at document level in app then I am not allowed to add anything on Sheet-3 (Sheet-3 is blank and purpose of this sheet is to allow users to design their own dashboard).

I can't share you app but I simulate same thing & will try to share.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

OK, just ensure you didn't check mark 'Apply to All Sheets' in any of the sheet properties.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please see below:

1st Image is the Sheet-1 and Sheet-2 Properties (No one should able to add any objects to these sheets)

2nd Image is Sheet-3 properties (All should be able to add objects)

Sheet-1 and 2.PNG

Sheet-3.PNG

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

one final question:

When you test, do you use and Administrator account or a user account?

Security rule for properties is on user access level.

After applying all your mentioned settings, you need to login as user acc and not admin acc to test the same.

Not applicable
Author

I have tried with both USER as well as ADMIN and there is no change in behaviour and getting same issue.

Not applicable
Author

I am also seeing the same behavior. Able to add already existing objects in the document to a sheet as a copy or link object though the security privileges are unchecked. Is this a bug? I am using 11.2 SR 10.

Regards,

KKR

kumar_ilb