Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On clicking in a graph apply the filters from its set analysis

Hi guys,

I have a graph showing the biggest issues, with set analysis saying only to show those from today. Now, when I click one of these issues in the graph I want the filter today applied to the rest of the document as well. Is this possible?

5 Replies
d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

You can place a transparent text object on top of the chart and define it's action to apply the filter

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Sounds like a good idea but then it wouldn't be possible to click anything in the underlying table ...

d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Also you may try to add a On Select trigger on the chart's dimension field in Document Properties. Say when the user clicks on chart selection changes it will trigger an action which will do the rest of job.

Not applicable
Author

That is also helpful, but my original idea was to have it chart specific. If I apply it in document settings it applies to all charts with that dimension, which I do not want. I'm guessing for one chart it will be impossible.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You can make the transparent button trigger both a selection and setting a variable.

Now in your layout tab of that transparent object, set a conditional show to only "show" this invisible object when the variable is 0 and hide it when variable is 1.

May you live in interesting times!