Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

One app loading BINARY from another

Hi,

I have two apps with personell data - one with all the names and one without any names.

For reasons of data_protection, names should only be available for HR_personell. I could not, however, implement an OMIT_field in the SA since all the apps are being reloaded by a server_user, so that's not an option - for that reasin, I have two apps, with one

loading the data_model BINARY from the other and all the same charts.

<=> Still, in one chart, the "primary" app shows current data and the "secondary app", though the formulas are all exactly the same and the data_model is necessarily so, does not - in fact, when I look at it, there is data only up to the beginning of June.

Does anyone have an idea where I should look for the error here?`

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

BINARY does not load variables, only data. So the v_today value is whatever was leftover the last time it was set.

You should reestablish all variables after the BINARY load.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Ah - I have found a clue:

For some reason, a date_variable >> v_today << that is coming from a master_calendar (an INCLUDE script) was set to June6. I cannot think of a reason for this - the app is of course reloaded daily, and I have just tried this out on its own - in a new app, I just loaded that INCLUDE - and the variable v_today showed August_21, just like it should.

I cannot make head or tail of this.

Can you?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

BINARY does not load variables, only data. So the v_today value is whatever was leftover the last time it was set.

You should reestablish all variables after the BINARY load.

-Rob

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Rob,

ah - er, yes. I knew that at a point. I must have forgotten in the meantime.

I will try - in principle, if I implement anew the INCLUDE (the master_calendar and the date_variables), that should re-establish the variables, no? And the master_calendar should just replace the one I have loaded BINARY from the other app. Let's see.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

DataNibbler