Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One document CAL not possible but any solution please?

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know this.

I know it is not possible with one Document Cals to give access to multiple users. Is there any way we can get this in new versions?heard for now it is possible TECHNICALLY. If so, can anyone help me how to set this please.

Thanks.

38 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If I change Number of CALs allocated to this Document from 2 to 1. How can the user access in access point. It will show access denied right?

EDIT: I confused here. Do I need to change Number of CALs allocated to this Document from zero to the number of users count when I assigned any document CAL to qvw. because every time I am doing this. Am I mistake here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's correct and change if only unused,or else you might by mistake block access to the already assigned user to that Document

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just use unused CALs to assign them to different docs and don't do mistake of moving assigned CALs it will be inconvenience to user and if unused CALs are there make sure they might not be needed in near future for that particular document before assigning to other document.

Not applicable
Author

Help please

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Just for clarity to remove complete confusion...

will it be possible to login at the same time if I create one named user CAL instead of Document CAL?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

No amelia,user is linked to Active directory which is attached to workstation.

Named CALs are assigned to user activedirectory account.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

No, a named CAL is still associated to an identified user, i.e. 1 license, 1 user.

To make most out of your licenses, try to identify who is using Qlikview and how. Manually assign the CALs where possible. Make sure that the named CALs go to the users who accesses multiple documents, as otherwise they would take up multiple document CALs. If you still run out, you'll need to purchase more licenses. Which hopefully wouldn't be too hard by then as you would have the business case to justify it.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nitha.