Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One document CAL not possible but any solution please?

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know this.

I know it is not possible with one Document Cals to give access to multiple users. Is there any way we can get this in new versions?heard for now it is possible TECHNICALLY. If so, can anyone help me how to set this please.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

You can assign 3 Document CALs,to users and see if any other users are not using the document CALs.

Reassign unused CALs.if still short of CALs,nothing but need to buy more CALs

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any updates please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment

A new document CAL can automatically be granted to a user connecting for the first time to the QlikView Server, as long as there are available document CALs to assign. To enable that CALs are added dynamically, tick this check box. To disable that CALs are added dynamically, untick this check box.

If a CAL-to-user association has not been in use for the last 24 hours, it will be deleted immediately. If a CAL-to-user association is currently being used or has recently been used, it will be marked for deletion, which means that new user access sessions through this CAL are not allowed. However, the CAL-to-user association will still occupy an allocated CAL until this quarantine period has passed.

Hope this helps.

Nitha

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. If I check this Assigned dynamic cal option, will it allows multiple users with same document CAL to login the document at same time eventhough if there are not sufficient document CALs? please let me know.

as I have 10 document CALs and 7 assigned. only 3 remained. I need to give access to multiple users( more than 15 users) to login all users at a time for abc.qvw in access point

Edit: this is very urgent for me as I need to set this as a priority please help me

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

This options will help you to assign the document cal to one user but once user access removed for the document,we need to wait 24 hour quarantine time to assign same document to other user.

There is no option in qlikview for assigning same document to multiple users as,we can give access to user based on active directory account,which is unique to a single user,which is registered to your workstation

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

The document cals allow to access a document by one user. With the dynamic cal option selected, you allow to QlikView assign licenses automatically for users, but this license should be remove manually if you like assign to another user.

Multiple users cant use the same document cal at the same time.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I am confused then what is the use of checking Assigned Dynamic CAL? will this allow single user to access document eventhough if there are not sufficient document CALs?

what is the soultion to my problem?please let me know. As we are not ready to but licences again. Is there any other way we can set this?

Not applicable
Author

Amelia,

With Dynamic License assigned checked, you can not specify the users that can will access to the document. The users will be licenced in the first access to AccessPoint.

Then, the function is the Document Cal properties, 1 document for 1 user and a 24hs quarentine after remove.

Tell me if you have any question

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks

what is the soultion to my problem?please let me know. As we are not ready to but licences again. Is there any other way we can set this?

I have to assign multiple users to single document. I heard technically it's spossible what it means?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

Dynamic cal - benefit is user can access document with out being given access to document.

When he access the document,he will automatically be assigned with dynamic cal.

If he is not using the dynamic cal for duration of 24 hour quarantine time,his access will be removed and

the document can be accessed by other user.