Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barbierjp
Contributor
Contributor

One list box for 2 dimensions (defined similarly)

Hi,

My problem is to use only one list box representing 2  dimensions.

Explanation:

In our business we have cases and in our businessprocess the cases can change product type. What we will know every month is  how many and how much cases we have in stocks by case type and for the same period how much and how many cases have been registered  by case type. To understand better the difference : a case registered in a period of time can be terminated (don't go to stocks) or a case can change the product.

The modell show the same dimension tabell twice (Orig_case_type_D is = Stock_case_type_D) to join the facta tabell with the 2 case types.

Modell-case_type.PNG.png

The users will have one list box to display 2 charts showing the stocks and the new cases.

How can I transfer the selection from one table to the other ? My idea was at first to use set analysis but I get an error message ... I tried  to change the data model by adding a tabell CASE_TYPE_D linking the 2 others ...I get a message telling me that one or more loops have been detected in database. The results were wrong anyway ...

Thank you for helping me with better ideas

JPB

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

If STOCK_CT_CODE and ORIG_CT_CODE, STOCK_CT_DESC and ORIG_CT_DESC etc. are coded exactly the same way, a way to transfer several selections at once is to concatenate fields:

Say, 1 multiple list with:

=STOCK_CT_CODE&'_'&STOCK_CT_SURVEILLANCE_TYPE

another with:

=ORIG_CT_CODE&'_'&ORIG_CT_SURVEILLANCE_TYPE

When a user has selected STOCK_CT_CODE and STOCK_CT_SURVEILLANCE_TYPE, he gets a unique concatenation, that he can select in the ORIG concatenated field.

Hope it helps.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You can set a trigger on OnSelect event of one of the fields, selecting the other field

Capturar.PNG.png

barbierjp
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thank you Pierre but it doesn't solve my problem. Your explanation is right to get a unique value per dimension what
I have actually in the fields CT_STRUCT and ORIG_CT_STRUCT. With 2 listbox If I choose the same case_type, the result for the stocks will be right  if I add in the expression (ORIG_CT_STRUCT 😃 to eliminate the selection and the same for the result for 'ORIG' it will be right if I add in the expression (CT_STRUCT=)  . But the transfer of field to get the same give a wrong result.

I thought that the idea to Clever Anjos could help but I didn't find the way to express the action for getting the right results.