Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Only Total at top, no sub-totals (Pivot Table)

Is there any way to get a total at the top and no subtotals within the dimensions. Once you have more than one or two dimensions it starts to look pretty bad with all the subtotaling within the table, but I still always want to have the total at the top.

Thanks nin advance

Zag

5 Replies
Colin-Albert

Totals and sub-totals are controlled by selecting the Show Partial Sums option against each dimension on the Presentation tab.

Have you tried un-selecting this option for the dimensions you do not want to see sub-totals against

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the response. The problem is I am using dynamic dimensions so I will not know what combination of  dimensions the user will be selecting - sounds like I will just have to live with all the sub-totals in the table.

Colin-Albert

Do you need a pivot table?

Can you use a straight table which does not have the sub-totals, just a grand total row?

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Yeah - I was thinking about that but I do need the flexibility in the collumns rather than hard code a bunch of individual columns. I think it will all work - just looks kind of ugly with all the "totals" when you have 5-6 dimensions on a table.

Thanks much for the input...

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, I have solve this by add two of all dimension, one with show partial sums and one without.

Then in your Enable Conditional use a variable that is yes or no depends if you choose to see the subtotals.

I have a input box where i select yes or no. This will gives me subtotals where I want it and not on every dimension.