Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open PDF file from AccessPoint

Hi -

I have created a pdf file that I would like to open from AccessPoint. I tried creating a button that would 'Open URL' where URL is pointing to the exact location of the file on the server but it did not work. The way I created a button was:

- Under actions, selected Launch

- Application - I selected the location of PDF reader .exe file

- Filename - full path and name of the pdf file on the server

The above approach only worked on my desktop version but not on the server even after changing the path of the files to use server path. I was not able to find any solution in QlikView community. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Right Click (Text Box)->Action-> Open URL Action and give the Path of PDF file.

Not applicable
Author

I will try this example and let you know. Thank you so much

Not applicable
Author

ok

Not applicable
Author

Hi -

I tried the file and changed the path to point to PDF file on teh server. It works fine on my desktop but not the server. When I click on the link, i get the following error:

'Can't open 'D:\Temp\Qlikviewxxxx.pdf' due to error: Access is denied.

Not applicable
Author

Hi -

This only works from desktop addition but not from the server. When I try accessing it from access point I get 'access is denied' error.

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would have to be using IIS and create another Virual directory. They setup a URL to the document that way. QlikView AccessPoint will not show PDF files.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill  -

Could you please let me know how to create a VD for pdf document? Do I need to enable any Handle Mappings?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

hi,

Make sure user have access to the folder where pdf is placed.

For testing keep pdf in same folder as qvw file as that folder must be having access.

In my case, it works perfectly.

Not applicable
Author

I tried it all. I have the pdf file placed in the same folder as qvw files and get the error:

HTTP 404 File cannot be found error.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

You need to config the url of pdf like:

http://servername/directory/pdffile.pdf

First, try to put your pdf file and access in your browser.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM