Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open PDF via Accespoint, autorisation issue?

Hi All,

I am making a Qlikview Dashboard in which I want to link to a PDF-document which is located on the same server as the .QVW. I want users to acces the PDF document via the Acces Point. The reason I want the pdf document on on the server is because every qvw-document has it own

I made a button, which links to the PDF document, but I can't get it working properly.

I did the following tests via the Acces Point:

User: Business User

Location document: on the server next to the qvw-document

Cannot open document via button

User: Developer

Location document: on the server next to the qvw-document

Can Open document via button

User: Business User

Location document: on a shared page within Sharepoint

Can Open document via button

This means it is possible to open a PDF document, for all users. However the 'Business User' cannot acces the pdf next to the .qvw file.

It seems like something is going wrong with the autorisation of the user regarding documents on the server-location. As I understood it, the user should have rights to read documents on the QV-server as long as it is in the same folder as the .qvw document.

I want the pdf next to the .qvw-file, as this means the autorisation for the PDF documents is linked to the autorisation of certain .qvw-files.

I tried formatting the URL relative aswell as direct (http://servername/directory/pdffile.pdf).

We use the QV 12 with the IE Plugin.

Can anybody give me a hint where to start searching for a solution?

Kind regards,

Ricardo

0 Replies