Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open excel file and insert data from selection

Hi,

I have the following issue: I built an overview in Qlikview for our transport planners. It shows their outstanding loads. It is as below:

Dashboard KCE.JPG.jpg

I want them to be able to add comments. I reckoned the easiest way to do this, is to have a link to an excel file, have them add their comments, and have this loaded into Qlikview. The problem is; if I let the planners put in the related order codes (for my key) themselves, they will most likely make manual errors, and I will have an unreliable key. So I want Qlikview, when the button is pushed, to not only open the comments field, but to already add the 'TMWO' and the 'Reference' fields (shown in the picture above) in the excel file.

In short, what I want to do, is something like this:

1. The planner selects a load in Qlikview.

2. The planner pushes a button, after which a specific excel file with comments is opened, and in this file under the last line in Column A the related 'TMWO' is inserted, and in Column B the related 'Reference' is inserted

3. In column C, the planner adds their comments, and save the file.

4. The planner reloads the script, after which the comments from the excel file are loaded into the datamodel.

I know how to add a button that opens an excel file, but not how to have Qlikview add in certain data from my selection. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks!

Niek

0 Replies