Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OpenLayers mapping - containter boxes causing strange placement of map

Hi all,

I am mapping some information on a map of the UK and want to compare multiple versions of the mapped info using side by size container boxes. I have this strange occurance that when I try and do this, the immage from the seccond container box sits outside of the container and instead is located benieth the 1st container. The below picture will descibe what I mean. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? (Please bear in mind my QlikView skills are not yet very advanced - I did not write the code the mapping - this was done by a colleauge).

Many thanks,

Isabel

Mapping error in container box.png

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ok, so I have uploaded that file into the script, but I only put the first expression in as I this may make it easier to check if it's beginning to work.... and hurar, it does!  Thank you for your patience here, this is a great help and I'm certainly picking up some good tips.Screen shot.png

So the final part is how do I set this us so that I can select Expression1,2,3... from something like a drop-down menu? I am imagining having two maps side by side, and being able to select the expression to be mapped on each one.

Thanks,
Isabel

Not applicable
Author

If you want to have to listboxes, one for each map and show both maps, then load the table twice with different names and create two variables. Same way.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, that makes sense. So even on one map, how to I set up up so that I can select which variable to plot?

Not applicable
Author

I showed it in the 2nd screenshot of the above post.

Listbox with the Expression field.

Variable vExpression containing "=only(Formula)"

Map using $(=vExpression) in the meausre (or Opacity Expression depending on the extension you are using) property.

Not applicable
Author

I had completely missed that point before! Thank you so much for you patience - this solution works just great!

Not applicable
Author

Hi agian,

I am trying to put set analysis in the Formula (in my Expression and Formula table in Excel) but it does not display the right shading in QlikView. Do you have any suggestions as to how to get that to work?

Thanks,

Isabel