Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Opening One qvw from another qvw in Accesspoint

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement which is like this.

There are a lot of KPI's( Key Performance Indicators) which a Manager wants to see at the starting of month in a Dashboard. These KPIs are different and coming from different Sources(mainly SAP, excel etc) but contain millions of records.

I do a lot of ETL process( 3 Tier Architecture) to reduce the data and load finally into the final Application to reduce the Performance Problems.

Now for the existing KPIs(Mainly SAP Datasource) it works good but still a lot of new SAP Data will include in one application and I fear Performance Problems.

To tackle this Problem, I got an idea where I have the Dashboard which some KPIs but to get to the other data I create a button like in the application " whats new in QV 9" and in the sheet " Dashboard" where I can jump from one application to other so that it is easy for the customusers using Accesspoint.

I tried it in Accesspoint but it does not work for me.

Any Ideas to solve this problem or any other solution will be appreciated

Regards

Sravan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi,

Hope some one has an Idea..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan,

do you choosed OPEN URL or Open QlikView Documet?

Open URL works for me.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Hi rainer,

Thanks for your response. I was testing in IE Plugin mode on the accesspoint and it does not work. It works in AJAX mode though.

I was working around on example " what's new in Qlikview9.qvw" . There we have in sheet "Dashboard" on left bottom a button " View Finance". In this i have Open Qlikview Document.

Now what should I give the OPEN URL for that?

Do you mean the accesspoint link for Finance controlling. qvw?

Thanks

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi rainer,

I want to test but this window pops up from the time there is no QVLC on my PC. I wonder what accesspoint has to do with my QVLC on my laptop??

sometimes this window comes and sometimes not.

Thanks

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rainer,

I tried a few things

1) I cleared my IE temporary cache and cookies and now I can open Accesspoint without any popup window as above.

Now I have tried to open with Open URL the other qvw but still I get the popup window and

If I select "Anonymous" it works..

But everytime I have to select Anonymous whenever I have to open this new qvw. There might be some other solution?

Thanks

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Sravan,

so far i see its a configuration issue.

From my point of view please open a support ticket. So you can talk to a support member specialized in QV Server/Publisher environments.

Rainer