Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Optimizing Reports - Calculation Condition OR Layout Condition ?

Hi All,

In order to speed up the report, which option is better and recommended.Should i use Calculation Conditions OR Layout Conditions? Which one is better and why.

My Understanding

I am currently using Layout conditions to enable / disable objects like charts / tables in my qilikview application. My understanding is that any object which is not visible or is in hidden state, does not use CPU time for processing calculations as it is inactive.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Regards,

Abhay Sudhakaran

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I usually use conditions in lay out. I find this way more efficient but I have never checked how much more efficient this method is.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There won't be much difference between the two, as they both try to disable/hide an object and block the recalculation before that happens. The main difference between the two is that:

• Calculation condition tries to warn the user that he/she must perform some action before the object will be filled. The object stays visible/accessible at all times.
  • Layout condition (or "Conditional Show") shows/hides an object based on a condition that has nothing to do with the user performing a required action.

The time it takes to decide on whether to show/hide your object or its content depends on the complexity of the condition expression. Because you will probably enter the exact same expression when switching from Calculation condition to Conditional Show, IMHO there won't be a noticeable performance improvement.