FROM

[Data\Data.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Ex_Rate);

NoConcatenate

Xrate:

load

Currency,

From as Start,

if(Currency=Previous(Currency),Date(num(Previous(From))-1),Date(today())) as End,

Rate 

Resident temp

order by Currency, From desc;

drop Table temp;

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, that's correct. ORDER BY will be executed first (on the entire table, not just on the field to order by), before any calculations are performed by the LOAD.

I suspect that QV does this on a remporary resident table, before the actual LOAD is executed which then will use the oordered table as an intermediate source.

The same thing happens with a JOIN but the other way around: first the LOAD is executed, an intermediate table is created containing the result and only then the latter is joined to the target table.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Looks like you have Rate available for some Currency and you want to generate Range..

Currency     Date          Rate

USD           01/05/2015 1.2

USD           25/08/2015 1.3

The final output required is

Currency     FromDate         ToDate           Rate

USD           01/08/2015        24/08/2015     1.2

USD           25/08/2015        06/10/2015     1.3

if(Currency=Previous(Currency),Date(num(Previous(From))-1),Date(today()))

Resident Table is loaded with decreasing Dates

This expression will check thet Previous Currency and current row currency is same then

it will generate toDate by removing 1 day from Date... otherwise we will assume that the rate is valid till today

tripatirao
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi manish

your are correct, i am generating range based on rate available for some currency.

If I understood correctly,  in my script  first    (From) field  will be loaded decreasingly then End  will be calculated .

is it correct.

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, that's correct. ORDER BY will be executed first (on the entire table, not just on the field to order by), before any calculations are performed by the LOAD.

I suspect that QV does this on a remporary resident table, before the actual LOAD is executed which then will use the oordered table as an intermediate source.

The same thing happens with a JOIN but the other way around: first the LOAD is executed, an intermediate table is created containing the result and only then the latter is joined to the target table.

Peter