Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omid5ive
Creator II
Creator II

Os group

hi

in qlikview we can have a osuser and qvuser.

how can i get operating system that user member of it?

i need something like osgroup()

14 Replies
omid5ive
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i need the groups of computer and user management

Kushal_Chawda

I don't think so that you can show group name but If you want to show then Manually create the excel file with all the users with their NT user name and group like below

UerName        Group

User1\Domain  Sales

Now write the expression in text box

=only({<UerName={"$(=OsUser())"}>}Group)

Note: UserName field value should match with OsUser() function value

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi stalwar1,

i just tried it .on access point its showing like this,

Client Platform -217130.PNG

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
omid5ive
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you need all of them? There is no such thing as "a" group name. Users usually belong to multiple default groups in addition to all groups the sysadmin made them member of.

IMHO group names don't make any sense in QlikView (QlikView has no idea of AD groups, it simply doesn't care), as a user will always be identified by a user name, never by way of a group name. Groups are only used to let additional rights trickle down from the group level to the user level.

You can always deduce group membership by querying AD and the local domain. Not the easiest of discoveries though. Before you embark on this journey, check whether you really want this by opening QMC->Users, entering a user name in the search box and analysing the data on the Groups tab.

Peter