Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of Virtual and/or logical Memory allocating 256MB

Hi,

I am getting attached error while loading my script. 75% script is loaded but the rest shows this error. I am wondering is this Memory issue or something wrong in the script/expression etc.. . thanks

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your machine ran out of memory. Either add more ram to your machine, use a machine that already has more ram, close other applications to free more ram. It's also possible that your data model is not optimal and large synthetic keys are created or the joins need more temporary memory than is available.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply. I have Synthetic keys under 5 tables as attached. Could you please advice on it.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try creating a new key field by concatenating the fields that are shared by the tables and then rename the original fields so they are not shared by the tables anymore and thus won't be used to create a synthetic key.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Shoaib,

There are many ways to remove synthetic key.

For example in your case originating nsc might become primary key so you can rename other columns.

1.You can rename or omit column which you don't want.

2.You can create composite key using concatenate function and rename existing field.

3.you can use qualify statement.

So best approach is find your primary key of table

and according to use combination of above methods to remove it.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran K.

Not applicable
Author

Could you please give an example on this.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kiran,

I dont want to omit/rename field.s/ how can I use 2nd / 3rd option. example please

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Shoaib,

You have rename column name if you want to remove synthetic key.

As per Qlikview AQL model it does auto association based on name of field.

If more than one filed is common it in 2 or more than 2 table

it will create synthetic table and synthetic key.

Even if use qualify statement it will replace column name with table_name.column_name. i.e rename of column to distinguish and avoid AQL.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran K.