Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Overwriting Pie Chart's default error message

My pie chart displays segment based on a expression. I can see it displays segments correcly and at times it is not displaying any segment instead it displays error message "No data to display". It is correct that there is no data to display, but I need to overwrite this error message with custom message that is more relavent why it is missing the data.

Is there is way to overwrite Pie Chart's default error messages and it should be

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In the properties\general tab of the chart there is an error messages button where you can create custom error message. Also on this tab, Create a calculation condition first to control when this happens.

(Edit Typo)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In the properties\general tab of the chart there is an error messages button where you can create custom error message. Also on this tab, Create a calculation condition first to control when this happens.

(Edit Typo)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,

hope the attached file will be helpful for you.

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable
Author

HI,

PFA Hope it helps you

Not applicable
Author

Thanks All,

All the response was very helpful to derive my solution. I have a question on writing a condition.

I used below condition to evaluate the data then I wrote the custom error message in the "Error Message" section.

What is the difference between  " If ([condition],1,0)"  and  "if ([condition],0,1)".

The first one worked for me and not the latter, why?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The calculation condition needs to evaluate to true to trigger the custom error message 'Calculation condition unfulfilled'.

So you also do not need the if and can use [Condition] alone

Not applicable
Author

Nope. that didn't work.

I have to give if ([condition]), then it is working.

Actually, I would like to know what makes the difference if we interchanging the (1, 0) in the condition?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The [Condition]  itself needs to evaluate to either true or false. An example: (Calculation condition)

GetSelectedCount(Field)=1  --> this evaluates to true if one item in Field is selected and will then display the chart

if(GetSelectedCount(Field)=1,0,1) --> this will work the other way around and will display the chart when the nr of selections in Field does not equal 1

0=False

1=True (Actually qv uses -1, but it will work)