Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedLemon
Contributor
Contributor

P() values and "select in field" action

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem: I have a text box with a count(KPI). This count use the P() fonction in a set analysis because I have a calendar separated from the rest of the model.

When I click on this text box, I want to applicate the same selections as there are in the set analysis, because I have a detail table which needs to be filtered in order to show the related informations to my count (KPI).

To be more specific, this is my text box formula:

= count(distinct {<Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate), Tickets.flag_TTR = {1} > } Tickets_id)

As a result, for example, I have 3.

Now I have a table with several dimensions related to Tickets_id. So when I click on my text box, I want this table show me only 3 rows.

So I put a "select in field" action on the text box that apply '1' to the "Tickets.flag_TTR" field.

But I don't know how to do the same for the Date, because the P() fonction doesn't work outside of a set analysis.

Do you have an idea about the way to do it ?

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Create one dummy expression which needs to be hidden  and in that expression should use set analysis:Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Create one dummy expression which needs to be hidden  and in that expression should use set analysis:Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate)

RedLemon
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried that with 

=count(distinct {<Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate)> }Tickets.ticket_name )

but then I have '1' if date is OK and '0' if not.

So I still see all rows in the table.

Sorry if I did wrong and thanks for the help.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where you are trying to do this?

RedLemon
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I finally make it works. The dummy expression was the good way but I had another expression so I have to apply the set analysis in all expression and disable null values in presentation tab to make it works.

So at the end I have something like this:

=if(count(distinct {<Tickets.ResolutionDate = P( DayDate) > }Tickets.ticket_name ) = 1,expression)

and I don't even need the dummy expression as I already have one.

Thanks for the help