Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedLemon
Contributor
Contributor

P() values and "select in field" action

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem: I have a text box with a count(KPI). This count use the P() fonction in a set analysis because I have a calendar separated from the rest of the model.

When I click on this text box, I want to applicate the same selections as there are in the set analysis, because I have a detail table which needs to be filtered in order to show the related informations to my count (KPI).

To be more specific, this is my text box formula:

= count(distinct {<Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate), Tickets.flag_TTR = {1} > } Tickets_id)

As a result, for example, I have 3.

Now I have a table with several dimensions related to Tickets_id. So when I click on my text box, I want this table show me only 3 rows.

So I put a "select in field" action on the text box that apply '1' to the "Tickets.flag_TTR" field.

But I don't know how to do the same for the Date, because the P() fonction doesn't work outside of a set analysis.

Do you have an idea about the way to do it ?

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Create one dummy expression which needs to be hidden  and in that expression should use set analysis:Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Create one dummy expression which needs to be hidden  and in that expression should use set analysis:Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate)

RedLemon
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried that with 

=count(distinct {<Tickets.ResolutionDay = P( DayDate)> }Tickets.ticket_name )

but then I have '1' if date is OK and '0' if not.

So I still see all rows in the table.

Sorry if I did wrong and thanks for the help.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where you are trying to do this?

RedLemon
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I finally make it works. The dummy expression was the good way but I had another expression so I have to apply the set analysis in all expression and disable null values in presentation tab to make it works.

So at the end I have something like this:

=if(count(distinct {<Tickets.ResolutionDate = P( DayDate) > }Tickets.ticket_name ) = 1,expression)

and I don't even need the dummy expression as I already have one.

Thanks for the help