Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF distribution taking too much of time

Dear All,

I am trying to storing individual pdf reports for 250 employees into one folder. It is very slow and taking 1.5 hours to complete the entire task. I am having ee id as fields and am looping that field in QMC to get the individual report.

Is there any way to get the pdf stored in a particular folder more quicker?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

IK

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think to print 250 PDF-Reports in about 1.5 hours isn't so bad. There happens a lot different things between QV, the printer and the OS - especially if the storage is any network-share. You could look into your code if there are any sleep-statements (I need those mandatory because without some reports will be stored over other reports if the saving is slower then the produce of a new one - mostly I have 4 seconds for this to be always on the sure side) which you could reduce (but see above to possible side-effects).

Therefore quicker could be to store those reports locally and distribute them afterwards. Also changing the printer and to look on different print-options within qv and the printer could speed up something.

But I think really more speed could you only get if you not print a PDF else to create a PDF but this won't be easy to implement - maybe the PDF-Distribution on the publisher or NPrinting could provide it.

- Marcus