Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Page numbers with Excel export

I got a little problem when I export a qv-table to excel. I have to do this with a little macro in vbscript. The excel sheet is created well and I can format it as I like. But I need some data in header and footer of the excelsheet. I can not belive it but it seems to be hard to add a simple "page XY of XYZ" in the footer. Does anybody have an idea how to do this? This does not even count the printpages correct:
xlDoc.Sheets(1).PageSetup.Pages.Count
This is the vbscript I wrote:
sub exportXLS() set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") xlApp.Visible = false set xlDoc = xlApp.Workbooks.Add xlDoc.Sheets(1).activate set obj = ActiveDocument.getsheetobject("CH325") set titel = ActiveDocument.getsheetobject("TX2447") ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle' Set Data obj.CopyTableToClipboard true xlDoc.Sheets(1).cells(4,1).select xlDoc.Sheets(1).paste titel.CopyTextToClipboard xlDoc.Sheets(1).cells(2,1).select xlDoc.Sheets(1).paste 'delete column 9 xlDoc.Sheets(1).Columns(9).clear lastCell = 2 for i = 5 to 6500 if isempty(xlDoc.Sheets(1).cells(i,1)) then lastCell = i exit for end if next ' Set Format with xlDoc.Sheets(1) .cells.mergecells = false .Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit 'Columnwidth .Columns(1).Columnwidth = 22 'Label .Columns(2).Columnwidth = 50 'Content .Columns(3).Columnwidth = 8.7 'Submittal Date .Columns(4).Columnwidth = 4.3 'Issue .Columns(5).Columnwidth = 7.1 'Package Revision .Columns(6).Columnwidth = 8.7 'Package Date .Columns(7).Columnwidth = 11 'Trade .Columns(8).Columnwidth = 12 'Drawing Type .PageSetup.Orientation = 2 'Landscape .PageSetup.LeftMargin = xlApp.CentimetersToPoints(2.3) .PageSetup.BottomMargin = xlApp.CentimetersToPoints(1.5) .PageSetup.TopMargin = xlApp.CentimetersToPoints(2) .PageSetup.RightMargin = xlApp.CentimetersToPoints(1) .PageSetup.CenterHeaderPicture.FileName .PageSetup.PrintArea = .Range(xlDoc.Sheets(1).cells(1,1),xlDoc.Sheets(1).cells(lastCell,8)).Address .PageSetup.LeftFooter = "Generated on " & Date & " " & Time .PageSetup.RightFooter = xlDoc.Sheets(1).PageSetup.Pages.Count end with With xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells.Font .Name = "Arial" .Size = 9 End With 'Title rows xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells(1,1).Font.Size = 18 xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells(1,1).Font.Color = RGB(112, 112, 112) xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells(1,1).Font.Bold = True xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells(2,1).Font.Size = 16 xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells(2,1).Font.Color = RGB(112, 112, 112) 'Header row with xlDoc.Sheets(1).Range(xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells(4,1),xlDoc.Sheets(1).Cells(4,8)) .Font.Bold = true .Interior.Color = RGB(172,172,172) .WrapText = true end with xlApp.Visible = trueend sub
Thanks for any help.
6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can try this code maybe helpful

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.Visible = True

Set objDoc = objExcel.Documents.Add()

Set objRange = objDoc.Sections(1).Footers(1).Range

Set objTemplate = objDoc.AttachedTemplate
objTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Page X of Y").Insert objRange

Thanks

Talha

Not applicable
Author

Have you tried it?

.PageSetup.RightFooter ="Pag. &P di &N"

Works! Wink

Daniela

Not applicable
Author

This is it:

.LeftHeader = ""
.CenterHeader = PrinCenterHeader.GetContent.String 'Get variable
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = "Confidential"
.CenterFooter = ""
.RightFooter = "Page &P+1 of &N" ''Pagefooter -page xx of xxx

/Martin

Not applicable
Author

@Daniela Yes it does! And if someone can tell me how to insert a picture into the header I'm happy at all and can go home and pack up work 😉 This won't work. Ends up with unknown runtime error.
.PageSetup.CenterHeaderPicture.FileName = "Picture.jpg"
(The pic is in the same path as the qlikview file.)
Not applicable
Author

.PageSetup.LeftHeaderPicture.Filename = "D:\QV_apps\Finance\Data\Logo\Topbg.jpg"
.PageSetup.LeftHeader = "&G"

/Martin

Not applicable
Author

Works! Thanks a lot.