Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial aggregations within dimensions

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in qlikview regarding aggregations within hierarchical fields. Following is the illustration of the same -

I have the following table -

Capture1.PNG

From this table i need to create a table wherein the share of each brand in its corresponding market will be calculated. Basically it should contain only Brand as a dimension and share% as an expression. For ex- the B1 should have value - sum(B1)/sum(M1) i.e 10/(10+30+40)=10/80=12.5%. Similar case for other brands that calculates the share of the brand in its market.

Currently I am using this expression-  Sum(Sales)/Sum(TOTAL <Market>{<Market=p(Market),Brand={*}>}Sales)

But this expression works only when a Brand is selected by me. However when Brand is not selected, it is taking the total value.

Can anyone please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

This will work:

Sum(Sales) / Sum(TOTAL <Market> Sales)

if Brand and Market are both dimensions. TOTAL works in the context of a dimension in the chart (or in an Aggr() expression), but you want Brand only as a dimension. You have two options

• Straight table - Market can be a dimension that is hidden. Use the expression above with Market and Brand as dimensions, and Market is hidden.
  • Pivot table - you cant hide a dimension in a pivot table, so use this expression in a pivot with only Brand as a dimension:

Sum(Sales) / Sum(Aggr(Sum(TOTAL <Market> Sales), Market, Brand))

See attached

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

This will work:

Sum(Sales) / Sum(TOTAL <Market> Sales)

if Brand and Market are both dimensions. TOTAL works in the context of a dimension in the chart (or in an Aggr() expression), but you want Brand only as a dimension. You have two options

• Straight table - Market can be a dimension that is hidden. Use the expression above with Market and Brand as dimensions, and Market is hidden.
  • Pivot table - you cant hide a dimension in a pivot table, so use this expression in a pivot with only Brand as a dimension:

Sum(Sales) / Sum(Aggr(Sum(TOTAL <Market> Sales), Market, Brand))

See attached

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot jonathan. It works perfectly! Appreciate that.