Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Partial reload - leads to script_errors being reported? Plz help.

Hi,

in the script I'm currently working on, a specific table is being generated to report certain items.

Due to a process error, however, there can be wrong items in this table - so I want to offer the user a possibility to check those items.

To do that, the script has to be reloaded - but as this table has not been stored as a qvd, I would have to keep this table

=> A partial reload looks like just the thing I need. I have done some work with that feature and I have taken some notes - the "negative query" >>NOT(ISPARTIALRELOAD())<< has to come first, right?

So I have a code >> IF NOT(ISPARTIALRELOAD()) THEN <<, followed by everything I have in the script for standard situations. After all that is finished, just before the EXIT, I have implemented the second branch with an >> IF ISPARTIALRELOAD()) THEN << - but when I try this and partially reload the script, QlikView reports errors with one of the LOOPs in the course of the regular script_branch ...

Can anyone lend me a hand here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

14 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

No, you don't have to.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks a lot!

I'll write that down in an internal "developer_guide" I have written for the reason I mentioned - these details seem to be nowhere to be found (except this Community) ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Tresesco,

there is still a problem: When I do a partial reload, an issue is reported which must be in a piece of code that I have implemented as an INCLUDE file, judging from the error_message - I will have a look and if I cannot spot the error, I will be back here  I just wanted to catch you before you leave 😉

Of course, if I make it and I don't need you to look in here anymore, I will tell you.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Ah - in that piece of code, one table is loaded, the number of records in that table then controls a FOR_NEXT clause. The issue must be with that table - from the error_message, it seems that the variable NoOfRows() cannot be calculated.

Let's see ...

Oh my - I cannot use the Debugger to step through this INCLUDE code ...

The funny thing is, this INCLUDE - like a few others - is used before the actual processing starts ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Right - just like I thought - that table is not loaded in a partial reload (I used to not have the keyword in front of that LOAD) - so it was not loaded in the partial reload, the NoOfRows() could not be generated and the loop did not work.

I have to use the keyword - but why - oh, of course, the table is dropped after the loop has been executed 😉 So it just wasn't there for the partial reload ...

The thread is herewith closed. Thanks for your help with the first issue! Have a nice day!