Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Password to access to ODBC

Hi I am try to insert the passoword for ODBC connection, the user is zucca and passwork is empty

i tryed without  superscripts :

CONNECT TO AirArtecSu (XUserId is Zucca, XPassword is sa);

or

CONNECT TO AirArtecSu (XUserId is Zucca, XPassword is "sa");

or

CONNECT TO AirArtecSu (XUserId is Zucca, XPassword is 'sa');

none of the above worked, every connection qlickview asked me the password again, please what is wrong?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

just to advice you , that the problem has been solved. It was related to free version of my qlikview.

Now I have the licenced version of program and the password work very well.

Thanks for the support

View solution in original post

9 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

As I can not verify if you input is correct, why not just use the wizard to recreate the connection? Maybe you missed something needed for your connect or have another typo.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

ODBC CONNECT TO ServerName (XUserId is DB, XPassword is Password)

i did it and it work like this but make sure you connect with the Right authentication 

Not applicable
Author

I have 3 database ODBC connection , one of them works fine with XUserId and XPassword (password is not blank)

2 of the others connection need XUserId but not XPassword

(passoword need to leave it blank)

CONNECT TO 'Vantaa Jeeves' (XUserId is SaINPLFMODdCWQZI, XPassword is KGeSWRBNFbYWWUC)

CONNECT TO Groningen (XUserId is eXQHBJVMQbbEHadJ XPassword is ""  )

CONNECT TO ArtecAirSU (XUserId is eXQHBJVMQbbEHadJ XPassword is ""  )

it means that when i load the data qlikview don't ask the password for Vantaa jeeves, but only for ArtecAirSU and Groningen, so i leave the password field still blank and i only press "ok" in attached icon

Not applicable
Author

Thank for the feedback it tried but it not work

Not applicable
Author

Please do you have other suggestion to help me? how sql connection define a "no" password?

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Have you tried to leave the password out completely?

for example

CONNECT TO ArtecAirSU (XUserId is eXQHBJVMQbbEHadJ)

Haven't tested it but you can try!

Not applicable
Author

Thank to reply to me

Yes I did it

In script tag-> Connect -> Connect to data Source->User ID=Report->Passwork=""->SQL login ->ODBC CONNECT TO AirArtecSu (XUserId is UTIMGJVMQbbEHaBP)

but when I go to refresh data SQL login  appear again, as attached

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

just to advice you , that the problem has been solved. It was related to free version of my qlikview.

Now I have the licenced version of program and the password work very well.

Thanks for the support

Not applicable
Author

I'm facing the similar issue, but in my case, my data source is in DB2 and it uses Kerberos Authentication hence I need to leave the UserId and Password both Empty.

The connection works, however every time I reload the file I need to click "OK" in the connection prompt in order for it to continue.

Any idea on how to avoid the prompt and just connect without providing userID and password?

Thanks.