Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Percentages based off a total

I have a column that has 229575 values in the column.  I want to be able to set up a text object that gives me a percentage based off a specific value such as 15.  While also being able to be whittled down further based off a different column.  So say there are 5024 cells with the value 15 that would make it a percentage of 2.2%.  However if I click on Dixie Chopper I want it to narrow it down further where it is there are 2406 cells with the value of 15 that also have the value Dixie Chopper in the corresponding cell which is a percentage of 1.05%  I have been working with =NUM(COUNT({<BUYTSM={'15'}>} [EQTMAN])/COUNT(TOTAL BUYTSM),'##.##%') but it dont leave the total and keeps whittling it down on the overall total as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I am guessing that Dixie Chopper is a field value for a certain field. Lets call it FieldXYZ. So FieldXYZ contains Dixie Chopper as a value Try this:

=Num(Count({<BUYTSM={'15'}>} [EQTMAN])/Count({<FieldXYZ = >} BUYTSM),'##.##%')

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am guessing that Dixie Chopper is a field value for a certain field. Lets call it FieldXYZ. So FieldXYZ contains Dixie Chopper as a value Try this:

=Num(Count({<BUYTSM={'15'}>} [EQTMAN])/Count({<FieldXYZ = >} BUYTSM),'##.##%')

Not applicable
Author

That works exactly how I am wanting it to.  Thank you very much.  I just kept drawing blanks when trying to figure it out.

sunny_talwar

No problem

I am glad I was able to help.

Best,

Sunny