Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performace steps

Hi,

I have a report which is taking very long to get results:

I have added the following dimensions:

1.=if(MONTH_NUMBER=calendar_month_num and calendar_year=YEAR_NUMBER , Monthly_Budget)

2.=if(MONTH_NUMBER=calendar_month_num and calendar_year=YEAR_NUMBER,LY_Monthly_Budget)

3.=if(MONTH_NUMBER=calendar_month_num and calendar_year=YEAR_NUMBER,MTD_Percent_To_Budget)

4.=if(MONTH_NUMBER=calendar_month_num and calendar_year=YEAR_NUMBER,LY_MTD_Percent_To_Budget)

I have selected the option suppress when value is null but it takes like 2-3 mins to get the results.Pls suggest any performance improving techniques.Enclosed is my data model and report.

Thanks,

Swetha

11 Replies
d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

If you have Master Calendar table which contains all date dimensions, you can flag all last days of month with a flag in data loading script (for example IF(DAY(DateField+1) = 1, 1, 0) AS LastDay). Then you can use set analysis to limit just those records where corresponding record in Master Calendar has LastDay=1. You can use expression similar to this:

SUM({$<LastDay = {1}>} SomeAmountField)

Set analysis functionality is very powerfull in such situations, when you want to redefine selections for particular expression.

Cheers

Darius

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darius,

Set analysis did work for me as you have suggested initially and the performnace is also excellenet.

But I need the data enclosed in doc1(pls see the first screenshot)but am getting differently if use set analysis (pls see scrrenshot2).

Thanks,

Swetha