Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance tuning of Objects in Qlikview

Hi Guys,

I want to know how to optimize an application at the design level.Allow me to be a little more specific an technical in this aspect.

Say I have a hierarchy defined as Region/State/City/Street and I am Calculating the sum of Sales.

Scenario 1: I have a Combo Chart,where I ve defined a group and used it as a dimension,and Im simply plotting my Sales expression .

Scenario 2: I have a Pie Chart,doing the same.

Scenario 3: I have a Mekko Chart,doing the same.

Scenario 4: I have a Pivot Chart,doing the same.

Scenario 5: I have a straight table,doing the same.

Now,Which of these scenarios is most complex,in that,I mean,which of these charts will take the most memory and why?

This is quite a straightforward example.In our real time applications data is far more complex,when it comes to deal with tables like MSEG/MKPF,FAGLFLEXA/FAGLFLEXT etc.

I want to understand what is the best possible way to choose a chart if we focus on performance tuning part of it.

PS:I ve read all the Qlikview Performance tuning documents and I really need a real time example.

This Forum is full of some real elite professionals who could come up with some really sleek options.

Please guys,help me out here.

With Much Hope,

Rochelle.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

performance does not depend on the type of chart, but on the Dimension and Expressions used and on the data model

vikasmahajan

Please go through this link

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/01/28/memory-statistics

Hope this will help you

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
vikasmahajan

More Charts like container consumes more memory and if 3 types of chart is giving same result then you can combine using fast change you can show it to 3 diff. types.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi John,

I am not one of the most knowledgeable guys when it comes to resource-tuning. I was doing some real-time testing in my last job, but I got frustrated over it when a colleague first got an SSD drive and he could run the oldest (slowest) scripts faster than I could run my new and optimized ones. I can only give you some hints that I'm sure you have found elsewhere on this forum if you have done a search like you say:

- Look at your dimension - if it's always the same, calculate it in the script (to have it done only once)

- Same for the expressions - look at ways of calculating them in the script so you have a "native" field to display

- Generally, try to have as little calculating_work as possible done on the GUI.

=> You're right of course, those tables from SAP are big => have a critical look and see what data you really need for your charts => disregard the rest, don't load it to begin with as all the data is loaded into memory, bloating your app.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler