Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Persistent Colours (Bar/Line Chart)

G'day Community;

I'll do this in two posts since I can't upload two files.. zzz...

Firstly the screenshot attached to this post is what we 'want' in terms of persistent colours. It carries to 8 other graphs on the same sheet. Now we have added an expression to mark a 'baseline' value against the current graph. We are just using a 'Symbol' yet by doing this it changes the colour scheme to all bars being the primary colour (Blue in this case).

The screenshot of what results is posted next.

My question here is can we have the 'Symbols' as part of the Bar/Line chart and still have multi coloured graphs that are persistent.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think you can do what you want to do on the colors tab. Basically, when you have more than one expression, QlikView uses the colors to distinguish between your expressions instead of between your dimension values.

But you CAN do it by using an expression for the background color for your bar expression. Something like this:

pick(match("Bus Grp",'AA','AFAP',...),blue(),red(),...)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I hope the settings shown in the attachment will helpful for you.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the prompt response. However I do not think I was clear enough.

I am using TWO expressions. So as you can see in Multi2.png it removes the Multi Colours and changes everything to Blue and then the second expression is marked by the Red circles. What I am trying to accomplish is to retain the Multi Colour property of the Chart whilst still having the second expression marked by a symbol.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think you can do what you want to do on the colors tab. Basically, when you have more than one expression, QlikView uses the colors to distinguish between your expressions instead of between your dimension values.

But you CAN do it by using an expression for the background color for your bar expression. Something like this:

pick(match("Bus Grp",'AA','AFAP',...),blue(),red(),...)

Not applicable
Author

Success!!! Thank you John - It took a bit of work because of some dirty data (Identified using the Trim function... silly typo somewhere...)

Have fixed one headache, a few more to go.

Not applicable
Author

Excellent solution !!!! Thanks alot . This really helps in lot of way for me ...

Not applicable
Author

John,

I have downloaded the QVW but could not see where are we using the expression to change the color. Please help.

Thanks,

Kashif

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Chart Properties -> Expressions -> click on the + next to sum(Sales) -> Background Color