Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Chart Formating (Values)

Pie Chart Guru's,

See below, I have a pie which looks great other than the show value numbers are overlapping. Notice in yellow highlight that it's not centered in the middle of the slice, if it was I believe the #'s wouldn't overlap. I've tried every trick I know of but I can't get it center the #'s in the middle of the slice.

Has anybody experienced this? Solution?

Merry X-Mas -

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I believe you could get the (M) by changing the format on the number tab. For the format for the expression, just edit it to add a (M) at the end. Since (M) doesn't have any specific meaning for a numeric format, it should just display it as is after the number, and without actually changing the whole thing to text.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you upload a QV- file with that charts, so I can take a look?

Not applicable
Author

Dennis thanks for the reply. Well I know what the problem is, I was changing the datatype of my expression to string which caused "weirdness" in the layout. See below. I would like to display the #'s as 22.3 (M) instead of 22.3 but in doing so I need to convert my expression to a string. I believe QV presentes strings left aligned and numbers right aligned, and in a Pie object there is no way to change this to something like centered.

So for now, until my users complain, I'm just going to take out the &' (M)' from my expression and display below.

Thanks again for the reach out - DB

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I believe you could get the (M) by changing the format on the number tab. For the format for the expression, just edit it to add a (M) at the end. Since (M) doesn't have any specific meaning for a numeric format, it should just display it as is after the number, and without actually changing the whole thing to text.

Not applicable
Author

John you're right as usual! It's funny how little tricks like this make a big difference, hopefully I will continue to learn and be able to share some of them like you. Thanks again - DB