Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pie Chart Help

Hi All,

I have a pie chart where I have count(status) as my expression.  Data source will be coming from Excel files where there will be 6 status (if Applicable).  It is possible to include other status that were NOT on the excel files in the pie chart to show as zero?

For example – current source has 3 status (A, B, and C), I want to display the other 3 status (D, E,and F) that were not on the excel file as well.

Final Pie chart should display –

Count(Status)

A=2

B=1

C=1

D=0

E=0

F=0

Many Thanks,

Frank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If I understand correctly, you want to include 0, but the zero values should only be for any statuses that are not in the Excel file?

QlikView will only count statuses (or any field that is included in the data - in your example, if excel has 2 statuses, it has no way of knowing that there should be six in total, and what the 4 are.

You could do something where you load statuses A-F in inline and give that a value of 0.

Then you would read your excel file and that data would be loaded in a seperate table with different filed names and then have your expression add the value from the inline + value of excel

another option would be to crate an excel file that had statuses a-f with zero values, and then load the other tables

View solution in original post

3 Replies
malini_qlikview
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Frank,

In the presentation tab disable "Suppress Zero-Values".

Not applicable
Author

If I understand correctly, you want to include 0, but the zero values should only be for any statuses that are not in the Excel file?

QlikView will only count statuses (or any field that is included in the data - in your example, if excel has 2 statuses, it has no way of knowing that there should be six in total, and what the 4 are.

You could do something where you load statuses A-F in inline and give that a value of 0.

Then you would read your excel file and that data would be loaded in a seperate table with different filed names and then have your expression add the value from the inline + value of excel

another option would be to crate an excel file that had statuses a-f with zero values, and then load the other tables

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Adam,

Yes, i want to include the 0's even though it's on the excel file. I want it to display on the pie chart as 0.

I took your advice and created an inline with status A-F. It works. I tweeted the expression a bit to count(name) with Status as the dimension and uncheck surpress zero values. Thank you for the advice!.

LOAD * Inline
[
Status
A,
B,
C
D,
E,
F
]
;