Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitians
Creator III
Creator III

Pivot Chart Partial Sum problem

Hello,

I have a pivot chart where in i have commodities purchsed this year n last year i have their rates n quantities...i am analysing the rates if increased r decresed n in percentage wise means (current year rate - last year rate)*current year quantity I get the excess money spent compared to last year...but the partial sum for this column i am getting wrong value...i am attaching the excel format of the report  please help...

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Yadav

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Use

Sum(Aggr(([current year rate] - [last year rate])*[current year quantity], Dimension1, Dimension2, Dimension3))

Replace the field names with the correct fields and Dimension1..Dimensionn with the chart dimensions.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rohitians
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

I am calculating the rate impact as

((column(3)-column(7))*column(2))/100000

here column 3 is current year rate column 7 is last year rate and column two is current year rate..............

the calculation is cmg right but the thng is partial sum is not cmg right if see the rae imapct column in the excel sheet i want its sub total but i am not getting it...

Thanks

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

That's what the expression I posted above should do, but you cannot use Column(..) in that expression. Just replace [current year rate] with the expression for column 3, and the same with the other columns. And ensure that all the chart dimensions are incuded in the dimension list of the aggr().

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein