Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table - Expression Background Color

When a custom background color (heat map) is created for an expression in a pivot table the background color for the first row of data is duplicated for the expression header. This does not seem right, is there a way to hide the header row for the expression. I have 2 expressions for the pivot and it is adding the header row for both and there is nothing in the presentation tab that will allow me to suppress the headers and/or not create a background color for these.

Any ideas?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I tried rowno() function and found that rowno() = 1 automatically includes not only the first row but also the header row - unfortunately, that explains why it is painting the background color of the row header with the first data row. This would work if this behavior is changed so that we can hide the header by using rowno() = 0 assuming 0 is the index assigned for the header row. Is this a bug or a feature?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I'm sure this one is the same problem as yours. The merit is for sebagiar, not mine, though!

Not applicable
Author

You should try using dimensionality(), when it is zero then that would be the header row (or column).

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I forgot... write it on BACKGROUDN property inside de object.

Not applicable
Author

dimensionality() = 0 will not work, according to the documentation - 0 is for grand total cell and not the header. The only other workaround I was hoping for was to 'Custom Format Cell' using the active grid. However it seems like if you have a background color set via the chart expression you cannot override it by custom formatting the cell. Not sure if there are any other workarounds to suppress the header row.....

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you just don't want to see the header row, go to Chart properties, Presentation tab and check "Supress Header Row" (or something similar, I'm using QV 9.00 SR1 in Spanish, so I've translated the checkbox label from Spanish).

Not applicable
Author

Suppress Header Row is not available for Pivot Tables, I cant find that check box on the presentation tab. I believe it only exists for Straight Tables.

Not applicable
Author

Another try: If the header row is a dimention (like month-like) you could change that colour from the dimentions tab.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Maybe it's a poor approach, but I'm still trying to find out how to do it and what I'm using in some cases is

=''

As Label, or even =Null() depending on how do you deal with Null values (dash sign, nothing...). By the way you are right, that checkbox exists only for straight tables, not pivot tables.