Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table XLS Output

Hello,

I have created a pivot table which shows user ID and the roles assigned to the user ID. I wasn't able to show anything until I added 1 expression. In the Presentation tab, I now have 1 user ID and 1 role ID. I would like to hide ore remove the 2nd role ID and keep the pivot table displaying the user IDs and the roles assigned to the user IDs. My second issue is that when I try and send to XLS, I get a user ID for each role, instead of getting 1 user ID and multiple roles. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

-Lenny

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Delete the expression.

On the Presentation tab, uncheck "Suppress Zero Values".

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Rob...

It's almost working. The only issue now is that when I try to send  to XLS, I still get same user ID for the different Role IDs. I would only like to see Column A having 1 user ID and Column B having muliple roles for that user, The way it looks on my dashboard is the way I want it presented in XLS, however it presents itself differently in XLS.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't have that issue when I test, or I'm misunderstanding. Can you post a sample qvw?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I am not sure how to post a sample qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Below is a picture of the good pivot chart which shows one user ID with either one role or mulitiple roles. Good qvw chart.PNG.png

The second picture show the XL output, where the same user ID shows up in each line for the specific role.

Bad XLS output.PNG.png

I would like to see the output in XL the same as the first picture.

Thanks,

-Lenny